GDC IT Solutions is currently recruiting for an IT/Engineering Support Specialist in the Oshkosh, WI area.
The IT/Engineering Systems Support team provides support to customers’ technical calls on advanced software issues. This team will also provide a 1st point of contact by troubleshooting, supporting, and training to employees who utilize our CAD/PLM Systems, as well as provide support for the none-CAD/PLM Systems. As a member of this team, the Technical Support Specialist will provide a direct line for users to work with end-users to address Information Technology systems, client-side, and server problems and requests impacting end-user productivity.
- Responsible for resolving moderately complex problems experienced by end-users working with the CAD/PLM systems.
- Test computer hardware and software to fulfill requests.
- Provide timely resolution of moderately complex problems or escalations on behalf of the end user.
- Provide cases status updates to management and end users.
- Evaluate requests for new software solutions.
- Monitor, gather, and provide recommendations for issues regarding system and technical support functions that affect application diagnostics, quality, tooling, computer communication, etc.
- Document management for Best Practices and Training.
- Facilitate user training.
- Coordinate application management activities.
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in Information Technology, Engineering, or related experience.
- One (1) or more years of prior experience with: Service Desk, Engineering Change Notices, CAD/PLM Systems, CATIA, Creo Parametrics, Windchill
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Customer focused with ability to promptly answer support related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
Relevant industry recognized certifications (Certified Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) - IT Infrastructure, Certified ITIL Foundation, etc.)
Experience working with Outlook, video and audio conferencing (WebEx)
GDC IT Solutions (GDC) is a full-service Information Technology (IT) company providing solutions that empower businesses to increase employee productivity, maximize investments, and improve operational efficiencies. With experienced and certified professionals, we deliver services in the areas of application development, data center, 24/7 multilingual service desk, desktop lifecycle management, project management, business process consulting, and IT staff augmentation.
Why Work for GDC?
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Visit our Career Center for the latest employment opportunities.